Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

MID SUMMER: Ripe tomatoes!

Finally the time has come - the time I was dreaming about when I first plantet my tomato seeds in February! (I actually started sowing late January this year!)
Many of my tomato varieties ripen now and I'm enjoying tomato salads, bruscetta, bread with tomato slices and more...  every day! When I'm in my greehouse, I can't resist picking tomatoes right from the vine as a mouthwatering treat ;-)

Here are some pictures: (Click on photos to enlarge)




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 

 
"Oxheart"
 
 
This was a small selection of my colorful cropMany tomatoes are ripe, But I'm still waiting for the late varieties to ripen. I expect them ripening within a few weeks!
 
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. You have a lovely collection of tomato varieties Helene! And although you live in Norway your tomatoes are ripe so early in the season. Here I think I will have my first ripe tomato at the end of the week but for most of them I still have to wait a few weeks. I wish you a very good tomato season and hope to see many more ripe tomatoes from you!
    Greetings from Belgium!

    ReplyDelete